Annapurna Panorama Trek 12 Days
Trip Duration : 12 Days
Trek Length : 8 Days
Trip Rating : Easy to Moderate
Maximum Altitude : 10,529ft
Activity : Cultural tour and trekking
Lodging : Hotels and Tents
Transportation : by Vehicle and Flight
Begins & Ends : Kathmandu
Best Season : September to May
Trip Date :
Land Cost :
Single Supp :
Group Size : 2-16 Persons
Annapurna Panorama Trek takes you through beautifully terraced fields, villages and scenic vistas with snowcapped peaks in the backdrop. Along this trek route, we will visit Gurung and Magar people to see their way of life and culture besides enjoying the magnificent Himalayan scenery.
Day 5-9, this trek goes through rhododendron forests interspersed with various other species, some of the best preserved forests in Nepal. There are over 30 species of rhododendrons found in Nepal. The Rhododendron is the national flower of Nepal and found in several colors, red, white, purple, and pink, when in blossom in the spring. If you love to see the spectacular rhododendron flower covered forest scenery with snowcapped peaks in the background, you should consider trekking in the spring season from March to April. Other species of floras found along the trail are conifers, Silver fir, Acacia, Chestnut, walnut, Birch, Rosewood, Silky cotton trees, Oak, Hemlock, Alder, Maples and Blue pines to mention a few. In addition to the spectacular views of the snowcapped mountains towering above the lush green hills and deep valleys, you will also see Langur monkeys, and various birds as you trek through the forest trail. October to December and February to May are the best times to trek this region.
Poon Hill viewpoint at 10,529ft above sea level in the foothills of the Annapurnas is the highest point we go on this trek to catch the magical moments of sunrise over the majestic peaks such as Annapurna I (8,167m), Annapurna-II-IV, Annapurna Fang, Machhapupuchhare, Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Nilgiri, the world’s deepest Kali Gandaki River gorge, Mount Dhaulagiri (8,091m), Tukuche Peak and Manaslu Himalayan range.
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel,
Upon arrival, meet and transfer to hotel.
Day 2 Kathmandu World Heritage sightseeing,
breakfast at hotel and depart to visit the cultural world heritage sites of Kathmandu.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 Flight to Pokhara, and trek to Dhampus
Early morning flight to Pokhara (3,149ft). On arrival, meet our trekking crew, drive to Phedil, and trek to Dhampus (5,248ft). Lunch is served en-route at a local inn. After lunch, continue trek. Overnight at lodge.
Day 4 trek to Landruk (5,379ft),
Breakfast and trek on a scenic trail that goes through semi-forest and farmlands. Overnight at lodge.
Day 5 trek to Chhomrong (7,249ft),
Breakfast and trek along Modhi River gorge and through scenic farmlands below the towering peaks of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhare. Overnight at lodge.
Day 6 trek to Tadapani (8,758ft),
Breakfast and trek through villages, farmlands and Rhodorendron forests. Overnight at lodge.
Day 7 trek to Ghorepani (9,184ft),
Breakfast and trek through the Rhododendron forests. The trail passes through small streams, valleys and slopes with scenic attractions including the giant snowcapped peak in the latter part of the day. Seeing birds, Langur Monkeys and deer is possible today. Overnight at lodge.
Day 8 trek to Poon Hill viewpoint (10,529ft) and at leisure,
At 04.30AM trek uphill to Poon Hill Viewpoint to enjoy spectacular Himalayan views at sunrise. You can see The Annapurna Himalayan range and Dhaulagiri range. This is the best Himalayan views one can enjoy on a Nepal trek. Then return trek, breakfast and day at leisure. Overnight at lodge.
Day 9 trek to Thikhedunga camp,
Breakfast and trek to Thikhedunga. Today, trail passes through Rhododendron and mixed forests, farmlands and villages. Overnight at lodge.
Day 10 trek to Nayapool and drive to Phokara,
Breakfast, trek to our waiting vehicle and drive to Pokhara.
On arrival, check in and explore the Phewa Lakeside on foot and boat.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 11 Kathmandu at leisure,
Breakfast, transfer to airport for a flight to Kathmandu and day at leisure.
Day 12 Departure from Kathmadnu.
Breakfast at hotel and transfer to airport for departure.
- Four nights in 3-4 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing with breakfast,
- Trip activities as mentioned in the itinerary,
- 8 days camping trek with overnights in tents,
- Trekking equipment (two person tents, foam pads, dining tent, tables, chairs, kitchen utensils and toilet tent),
- Meals (3 meals a day) freshly cooked and served while on camping trek,
- Trekking crew (guide, cook, and porters),
- Porters carry luggage on the trek,
- Entrance fees to monuments and parks as per itinerary,
- Domestic airfare Pokhara to Kathmandu including departure tax,
- Ground transfers on arrivals, sightseeing, to and from trailheads and departures,
- Trekking with overnights in lodge accommodation includes:
- Twin bedroom sharing with breakfast at the lodge you are staying,
- Lunch served en-route, and staff provided are a guide and porters,
- Kathmandu lodging and sightseeing, transportation including domestic flight, and entrance fees,
- Nepalese staff insurance.
- Visa fees, international airfares and airport departure tax,
- Dinners on lodge trek and lunch and dinner in Kathmandu,
- Beverages such as alcohol and soft drinks,
- All personal items such as travel gear, laundry, telephone, tips,
- Personal medical and travel insurance,
- Charges for delays caused by situations beyond our control such as bad weather, natural disasters, civil unrest and emergencies.